This minor update of Verge3D for Blender, 3ds Max and Maya fixes several bugs found in version 3.3. As a bonus, we also implemented the support for several new OSL nodes with the 3ds Max version and made further optimizations for faster loading.
We continued adding new OSL nodes to the list of supported shaders.
This time we implemented the following nodes: Mandelbrot, Digits (pictured above), Rivets (pictured below), Radians-to-Degrees, UVW Row Offset, Toon Width, Wave Length, Half Tone Dots, Weave, Candy, UVW Environment, Threads, and Atan.
While most users were impressed with greatly accelerated loading, there were slowdowns observed in some cases when lots of shaders are present in the scene. This issue was taken care of.
Also the following bugs were fixed for this update:
- Fixed the bug with get object transform/rotation puzzle which returned radians instead of degrees as it was supposed to (thanks for the report).
- Fixed the crash when using the clipping plane (thanks for the report).
- Fixed potential issues with various puzzles related to materials.
- Fixed a bug with geometry incorrectly exported from Blender.
- Fixed texture wrapping modes for 3ds Max’ OSL nodes.
- Fixed Maya exporter crash with driven keys animation, as well as the crash with missing shading groups.
Get This Update
If you are affected by the above-mentioned issues, please upgrade your 3D web interactives with Verge3D 3.3.1 for Blender, 3ds Max, or Maya which you can get from the downloads page as usual.