- 2020-03-23 at 11:06 am #24871
I having a hard time to implement a good working “camera switching” in my application.
I need to implement switching between different camera options triggered by the user:
– Camera with only orbit (limited angles) and zoom allowed no panning
– Camera with orbit (still limited angles), zoom and panning.
– “2D” locked camera. Just top viewing with no orbit, just zoom and panning.
Because as far as I know its impossible at the moment to change camera settings at runtime. I created different cameras. I can switch between them, but I’m having a hard time to get a smooth transition between the cameras. I get strange jumpings, etc. I just want the change between the cameras become “invisible”.
I would also be okay with creating camera programtically, but I couldnt find any information in the developer api to set options/limits for a perspective camera.
2020-03-23 at 2:28 pm #24900
- This topic was modified 4 months, 1 week ago by web.
I get strange jumpings, etc. I just want the change between the cameras become “invisible”.
likely the problem is that when you switch between cameras, the current camera position does not fit in the limits imposed by the previous camera. A possible solution may be that you smoothly reset the camera to some predefined ‘safe’ position before switching it2020-03-23 at 4:01 pm #24914
Hmm okay, will have a look.
I already saw that entry, but I couldnt find description in the api to set camera limits.2020-03-26 at 8:39 am #249872020-03-26 at 11:32 am #24993
Thx, this looks promising.
app.didnt work for me in the
prepareExternalInterfacefunction. Got undefined error for “enableZoom” for example. But implementing a function into the “visual_logic.js” via
appInstance.controls.enableZoom = falsedid work for me.
2020-03-26 at 12:46 pm #25000
- This reply was modified 4 months, 1 week ago by web.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.