While working on a new project, I also found the following issue:
When I use normal maps, the head of the Gargoyle (see screenshot) tilts forward. The head has morphs and an armature animation. (The animations work well together.)
Objects without morphs don’t tilt when normal maps are applied.
If bump maps are applied, everything workes fine.
I could resort to bump maps, but that doesn’t give as good results as normal maps.
I also noticed Morphing issues with parented objects.
I had to unparent the horns because their morph was influenced by the morph of the parent.
Somehow the morphing of parented objects is intertwined in the Verge3D export.
In Blender, everything works fine so, something is not quite right with the exported Verge3D result.