- 2020-04-02 at 11:31 pm #25289Alex TAYLORLicensee
Hi – brand new member/purchaser here, so apologies if this is in the wrong place!
As I’ve been working through first in trial mode and now licensed, I’ve identified that sometimes Firefox (and only Firefox) gets bogged down after multiple page reloads and navigation.
I’m pretty sure that it is this known/acknowledged bug in Firefox:WebGL Context not being cleared after page reload.
To summarise, after a number of WebGL contexts in an active tab, Firefox fails to clear them and eventually anything trying to use WebGL in this tab dies.
While I am fairly sure that this is not a Verge3d problem, is it something that can be mitigated by changes to Verge3d, or should I try to design around it? (and hope Mozilla fix soon!)
2020-04-03 at 6:44 am #25294Yuri KovelenovDeveloper
- With my test model it happens after about 20 loads in the same tab
- That sounds like a lot, however that holds even for navigating to many different pages with Verge3d instances (while remaining in the same tab)
- Closing the tab and reopening does fix the problem, but I can’t expect users to do that
- The development I’m working on would see users navigate in the same tab between different models, so this is likely to be an issue
- Prior to discovering Verge3d (which is awesome!) I had been working with x3dom which also renders via WebGL but doesn’t seem to have this issue
Thanks for becoming our customer.
What may help here is cleaning up all the resources when the user reloads the page.
Try this puzzle
coupled with onunload handler
Thanks for the quick and very helpful reply Yuri!
I’ll work on those approaches next week, and report any progress back on this thread should it be useful to others.
Thanks Alex2020-04-03 at 12:49 pm #25300
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.