We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to use this site we will assume that you are happy with it.

500 internal server error

Home Forums General Questions 500 internal server error

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    resonance
    Participant

Hi, I get 500: Internal Server Error when click on “open blender file” in app manager; I can “Run application” and correcly see all demo (ie http://localhost:8668/player/player.html?load=../applications/city/city.gltf), but not “Open Blender File”
    I use xampp for local development, but nothing change if is open or closed.. thanks for helps

Hi,

The App Manager itself runs on the top of a local development server. The server launches automatically when you open Blender up.

Can you create new applications with the App Manager, or the only broken feature is opening Blender files?

Chief 3D Verger | LinkedIn | Twitter

resonance
    Participant

Hi Yuri,
    yes, I can create a new application, and run/preview with default cube; only when I click on “open blender file” the error appear. I downloded virge3d this morning and can’t wait to start to learn it! :-)

ps. I tried to “sneak peek” a cycles mat/textured file, but I see all gray; are there tutorials on create material/texture for virge3d?
    thanks

only when I click on “open blender file” the error appear.

Oh I see, what’s your operating system then? Can you check what’s printed if you run Blender in the console (terminal)? As a workaround you can open blend files manually from the applications folder.

I tried to “sneak peek” a cycles mat/textured file

I’m afraid the Cycles renderer is not supported, you should use GLSL materials for Verge3D. Check out examples in the Verge3D distribution. We are releasing a material library later this week too.

I downloded virge3d this morning and can’t wait to start to learn it! :-)

Hope it will suit your needs :good:

resonance
    Participant

Hi Yuri, seems I found the problem and now works!!
    .blend extension wasn’t associated to any program; maybe because I installed last blender 2.79.1 from zip file on external disk..
    Windows 7 ultimate -> controlpanel -> default programs -> choose .blend and browse the blender.exe in desired folder/version.. (I have 3 blender version)

I hope to find more resources to learn, make a demo, find a client.. and buy a freelance license!
    Q. Can I publish a demo on my personal site to show at potential clients?
    ps. thank for your very quick assistance!

now works!!

great!

Can I publish a demo on my personal site to show at potential clients?

You can upload a demo to Verge3D Network and share a link with your client privately. Publishing Verge3D apps on a website on a permanent basis is considered as commercial use which requires a license.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.