We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to use this site we will assume that you are happy with it.

Home Forums Bug Reports and Feature Requests 4.1.1 Verge3D’s AR does not work with iOS 16

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 38 total)
  • Author
    NaxosCG
    Customer

So i put all that into the “else if Apple USDZdo” ?

Yeap, exactly. Remove all puzzles from there and put this puzzle set.

Works, many thanks.

"1+1=3... for large values of 1"

NaxosCG
    Customer

So now i have to find a way to not need UVchannel 2.

Some objects have woods (ch1), and baked AO (ch2).

One solution would be to put all objects with AO into one large 4k AO map, then to use gimp/toshop to prepare each wood map multiplied by AO.
    But that will end with many 4k maps… Even if they are loaded on demand, it can be slow.

Other solution is to use dynamic AO, but it will not be shown in AR… This could be something that the customer would accept.

Any other ideas ?

kdv
    Participant

What’s the problems to use the same UV for diffuse colors and baked AO? It makes sense to use the second UV for AO if it’s common for several objects…

Puzzles and JS. Fast and expensive.

If you don’t see the meaning in something it primarily means that you just don’t see it but not the absence of meaning at all.

NaxosCG
    Customer

What a problems to use the same UV for diffuse colors and baked AO? It makes sense to use the second UV for AO if it’s common for several objects…

Usually, i have one UV channel for, say, wood texture maps, often it is a box UVmap to set size and wood fibers in the right way.
    And i use channel 2 for AO, as it needs more accurate UV unwrap, with large parts to get more space, and hidden parts some very small part in the map.

The use of that is to be able to change or color / wood / any texture, with AO set for each object. Within Verge3D i just have to change one texture for diffuse color/map and all objects are affected, keeping their own AO maps as a multiplier.

Also, in my Toulet’s billards / foostables i also change AO bitmaps regardless of each ambiance (white studio, hausmannie, and so on : see toulet babyfoot website).

Each billard/foosball table has 5 to 10 differents mesh elements that requires baked AO map, of course i don’t want to bake all color/texture possibilities with each AO, for each mesh, for each billard/foosball…

You might think that i could use the AO-unwrapped UV channel for wood, but that can be a problem because each mesh part / billard has different unwrapped UV map.

That is why 2 channels are really usefull.

kdv
    Participant

for AO, as it needs more accurate UV unwrap

Take a look at the scooter or global illumination demos: one big AO texture for all objects in the scene. In this case the second UV is necessary. But if you bake AO only for one object then there is no need to use more than one UV. One accurate UV.

If you don’t see the meaning in something it primarily means that you just don’t see it but not the absence of meaning at all.

NaxosCG
    Customer

About your puzzle to use current choices to export USDZ, there is no “on exit AR” slot, that could help me.

Let me explain :
    To prevent the need of channel2 for AO, i can use dynamic AO within verge3D, but it only works with physical materials.
    USDZ export doesn’t work with physical materials, so i thought about :

enter AR : assign USD materials to objects : export scene
    but i need :
    exit AR : assign back PHYS materials

The android part does have an on exit do. is there any way to have one also for iOS ?

kdv
    Participant

there is no “on exit AR” slot

That’s because you do not enter AR on iOS ))) In fact, you just export visible meshes to .usdz file and download this file. Then AR Quick Look opens this file.

NaxosCG
    Customer

I get it, but that is a problem so.
    I thought to change material, export, then assign back physical materials.
    I’ve tried to put the assign back at several places (just after the USDZ export, for ex.), but when i click close the AR, i’m back in verge3D with USD materials, not PHYs ones…

kdv
    Participant

The once fulfilled do slot is a kind of “on exit AR”. The .usdz file is already exported and you can change materials back inside this slot. But there’s one important moment: once you assign a new material to an object its old material will disappear from the scene and you can’t assign it back ))) The workaround is to to have an invisible dummy object in the scene with the same material.

NaxosCG
    Customer

The once fulfilled do slot is a kind of “on exit AR”. The .usdz file is already exported and you can change materials back inside this slot.

That was my guess too, but it keeps the changed materials
    https://v3d.net/b14

I think that as we are no longer in Verge3D app when in AR mode, the changes are ignored.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

kdv
    Participant

See above…

NaxosCG
    Customer

Also, i’ve tried setting a variable, false at start, then true when material is changed, then a heavy “on each frame”, test if variable is true, then change back material and set it to false…

Does not work.

Also tried to set back shaders with the “when moved camera”…
    No way…

I’m trying to prevent the refresh / reload of the url to keep user’s choices…

kdv
    Participant

But there’s one important moment: once you assign a new material to an object its old material will disappear from the scene if it’s not used by any other object and you can’t assign it back ))) The workaround is to to have an invisible dummy primitive object in the scene with the same material.

Read above. Check below
    https://v3d.net/9e4

NaxosCG
    Customer

But there’s one important moment: once you assign a new material to an object its old material will disappear from the scene if it’s not used by any other object and you can’t assign it back ))) The workaround is to to have an invisible dummy primitive object in the scene with the same material.

Damn, you’re right ! Thank you for reminding me that.

NaxosCG
    Customer

And now it works well.
    Ok, i’ll have to manage 2 sets of materials (one for Verge3D, one for AR UDSZ), but it works.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 38 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.