Unfortunately, because Verge3D doesn’t support Multi/Sub-Object materials, and each of my objects has 2 materials, I have had to break the (very simple) mesh for each object so that there are ‘end’ meshes.
So…. I mean, that for 001_01, there is a corresponding 001_01_Ends, 001_02 (an 001_02_Ends) etc etc.
If Verge3D supported Multi/Sub-Object materials, life would be sooooooooooo much easier
Also, I have a switch in my interface which I’d like users to be allowed to swap materials to see what the object looks like in other finishes. I’ve managed to do this, but I reckon, once I learn of your more efficient way of coding this, I’m kind of hopeful that I’ll also be able to apply the same kind of coding approach to that area as well
Just wanted to thank you again Vern, for your suggestion late yesterday, regarding using the names of the objects, that worked *perfectly* for me and now I have a really robust puzzle that is only a few lines long (with no if/then/else/dos at all) and it will solve 100’s or 1000’s of products, no problem with no further tweaking necessary!
So, many, many thanks to you . If it wasn’t for your suggestion, my playing with Verge3D would probably have gotten shelved yet again, for yet another year.