- 2020-05-21 at 2:46 pm #27846
After install of Verge 3.1, the maxscript VRayLightLister no longer works2020-05-22 at 12:23 pm #278952020-05-22 at 1:36 pm #27898
it just brings up the vraylightlister.ms file and throws an MAXSrcript Rollout Handler Exception “–Unable to convert: undefined to type: Float”
I’m sure verge doesnt actually adjust the script, but whatever it installs, perhaps via callbacks or whatever, clearly interferes with vray’s regular usage
- This reply was modified 4 months ago by research123.
Attachments:You must be logged in to view attached files.2020-05-23 at 4:13 pm #279382020-05-25 at 1:52 pm #27984
No, I’m not talking about the 3rd party light lister you linked to. I’m talking about the native one that ships with V-Ray2020-06-03 at 7:54 am #28334
Uninstalling Verge3D does not remove the menu item from 3ds Max. I have to manually remove it to get rid of it.
Also, uninstalling Verge3d magically fixes my native vraylightlister that ships with vray
2020-06-03 at 10:27 am #28341webLicensee
- This reply was modified 3 months, 3 weeks ago by research123.
This is related to custom parameters that are being created by verge to the vray lights. I dont know if that parameters have any effect for verge when exporting, because vray isnt officialy supported by verge.
At the moment I can only see two fixes to get rid of that problem without manual actions:
– ask chaosgroup to rework the light lister, so that it ignores the verge params
– or the verge team should implement a function which ignores vray lights, so that these parameters are not getting added, no matter if I have auto creation activated or doing the manual adding of the params
2020-06-22 at 6:53 pm #291202020-07-09 at 2:37 pm #29903
- This reply was modified 3 months, 3 weeks ago by web.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.