We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to use this site we will assume that you are happy with it.

360 Turntable with photos

Home Forums General Questions 360 Turntable with photos

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    andrei pek
    Customer

Is it possible to create a 360 turntable with Verge?
    Like if I have 20 photos of a product I can make switch as I’m dragging the mouse from left to right?

Similar to this:

About spin

xeon
    Customer

You could but the overhead created by Verge3d is very large for something you could just do with a sequence of images and javascript.
    If its for a website as in your sample I would stick with JS and skip Verge3d. It will be faster and more compatible for all devices.

Xeon
    Route 66 Digital
    Interactive Solutions - https://www.r66d.com
    Tutorials - https://www.xeons3dlab.com

andrei pek
    Customer

Thank you for the response Xeon,
    I’m real bad at programing so I don’t know if I can do it with javascript, I’ll look it up, if it’s doable for me I will try it, I was hoping to do it with verge since it’s more artist friendly.

Crunch
    Customer

‘spinners’ to me are like ancient hacks to try to emulate 3d in a flat 2d environment . WebGL/Verge are the way to go.

@andrei – So you have 20 pictures of a product from a bunch of different angles? Why not just model it and make a proper 360 3d viewer?

Of course modeling is hard.. I don’t really follow the 3d scanning market but last I heard I think you can use the new iphone to automatically scan out a model?.. or, there is always fiverr

andrei pek
    Customer

With this type of spinners you capture more details than a interactive 3D model, with a interactive 3d model you can only go so far in terms of fidelity.
    Photogrammetry would be a answer as well and display that in 3d.
    In the end it matters the product that you present.
    With what I have, the spinner option would be a viable option in terms of visualizing.

kdv
    Participant

Similar to this:

that spinner shows a buggy and unpredictable rotation )))

Puzzles and JS. Fast and expensive.

If you don’t see the meaning in something it primarily means that you just don’t see it but not the absence of meaning at all.

Crunch
    Customer

@andrei –“With this type of spinners you capture more details than a interactive 3D model, with a interactive 3d model you can only go so far in terms of fidelity.”…

Meh… not so sure about that. Have you checked out the 3D shoe configurator on the Nike webste?

3d is going to be the way to go.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.