We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to use this site we will assume that you are happy with it.

360 camera? (similar to a panorama tour)

Home Forums General Questions 360 camera? (similar to a panorama tour)

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    research123
    Participant

Hi guys

Is it possible to have a 360 camera on a regular scene?

So instead of having my model in the center of the scene, and the camera orbit around that model, I want to have my camera in the middle of my scene and be able to look in any direction as if I’m standing inside my model.

We want to build an architectural interior space and be inside it (without VR headset) and then look around, click on things to bring up text labels etc.

Is this possible?

doehlma
    Customer

Hello guys,

I thought about this also before some days :)

.. and I decided to buy that Blender addon:

https://blendermarket.com/products/hdri-maker

I think this nice addon can help you in your case ?

if you decide to buy please lokk still today inside, because they have
    reduced price or better to say sales action :)

For your understanding.. I´m absolut not connceting to this company or
    be envolved in any sales ..

It should be only friendly tip from a user in this community

Best regards

patrickbelt
    Customer

Yes. If you are using Blender, place your camera in your scene where you want it to start. Then, with your camera selected, select the “Object Data Properties” tab. (If you are using Blender v2.8 it looks like a Movie Camera Icon.) Then look for the “Verge3D Settings” drop down option. Expand that, and change the “Controls:” setting from “Orbit” to “First-Person” (See attached reference image). This should allow you to do exactly what you are describing. Then, when you open your project in Verge3D, by default you can look and move around your 3D space just like you would in a first-person-shooter type video game using the mouse to look around, and using the W, A, S, and D keys on your keyboard for directional movement within the 3D space. You can even add collision materials to your walls so that you can’t walk through them. However, if you want to have a first-person camera that can look in all directions, but doesn’t allow any directional movement like forward or backward, or prevent zooming out with the mouse wheel, then that gets more complicated, but is definitely possible using just puzzles in Verge3D. I have done this multiple times for the interior of buildings and aircraft, and would be happy to help you out more if needed… for money ;)

Patrick

patrick.c.belt@gmail.com

research123
    Participant

Thanks PatrickBelt, that sounds about right. I use Max but I’m sure the a similar Verge3D setting is in the Max version of the plugin. Thanks for the tip

patrickbelt
    Customer

No problem. I hope it helps. Also, I was just kidding about only helping out for money (I was inspired to say that because of a certain tv show). Please feel free to ask me any other questions if needed, and I’m happy to help if I am able.

Here is a link for the camera related puzzles: https://www.soft8soft.com/docs/manual/en/puzzles/Camera.html

For what you are trying to do, and if you want a stationary 360 degree/first-person camera, look at the “get camera direction” puzzle option. I’ve used a custom variation of this I created to create a stationary first person camera to simulate the view a pilot would have while sitting in the cockpit of a jet.

– Patrick

patrick.c.belt@gmail.com

doehlma
    Customer

Hello Patrick,

your description and instruction is very good and useful :)

Thank you also for the hints and tips.. which I will also use in my
    planned presentation in Verge3D… thanks

– Marcus –

patrickbelt
    Customer

Hi Marcus. I’m glad to hear you found my posts helpful. I hope your presentation goes well. Good luck. – Patrick

patrick.c.belt@gmail.com

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.