Tagged: streaming assets
- 2019-10-03 at 11:52 am #19773D3PixelLicensee
Is it possible to append a scene into an existing scene.
e.g. Consider I have 5 gltf’s:
1. Base Scene (contains floor, walls, lighting)
2. Product 1
3. Product 2
4. Product 3
5. New environment (contains different walls, different floor meshes but with same names)
When the Base scene loads, I tell it to background load Product 1 gltf into it.
User clicks a button for Product 2.
I tell it to unload Product 1 (from list of objects)
I tell it to append Product 2 into the scene
User clicks “New Environment”
I tell it to replace (unloads) scene objects with same name with whatever is in “New Environment” gltf
1. A scene can always be optimum memory footprint
2. Does not need to reload entire v3d frame
3. Scenes can consist of hundreds of swapable parts, e.g. a Car configurator with x100 options.
4. Initial scene can load very fast.
This is somewhat similar to streaming asset bundles.
- This topic was modified 1 year ago by D3Pixel.
3D Animation and Web3D services - www.d3pixel.co.uk2019-10-03 at 2:37 pm #19803Alexander KovelenovDeveloper2019-10-03 at 3:54 pm #19807D3PixelLicensee
ahh, I am sure I looked at that example a few months ago and it was different. Anyway, looks great. Will investigate. Thanks.
3D Animation and Web3D services - www.d3pixel.co.uk2019-10-04 at 6:45 am #19827
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.