We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to use this site we will assume that you are happy with it.

3.9.0 Pre4 3Ds Max Crashing

Home Forums Bug Reports and Feature Requests 3.9.0 Pre4 3Ds Max Crashing

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    JillR
    Participant

I’ve installed the 3.9.0 pre-release 4 and moved over my applications following the clean method and now I am having issues with Max crashing whenever I try to do anything in my scene related to Verge3D like sneak peak or exporting gITF. I have to save my Max file every time before I can , sometimes, successfully run a sneak peak or export, then it does not crash. But if I even make the slightest change in my scene it will crash again unless I save first.
    I also cannot open my scene from within 3Ds Max itself or it crashes. I did not have this issue with previous versions of Verge3D (although I haven’t tested any of the other 3.9.0 pre-releases).

Hi,

Sorry to hear about you experiencing such severe problems. We are currently working on porting the Scooter demo to 3ds Max – there is no crashes observed so far.

What 3ds Max version are you using? Are there any error messages displayed when it crashes?
    Does it work properly if you return to the stable 2.8 version?

Chief 3D Verger | LinkedIn | Twitter

JillR
    Participant

I just get a message saying that 3Ds Max has stopped working and will close, nothing specific. I am using Max 2017 and everything works in 2.8.

JillR
    Participant

I just switched back to 2.9.0 to continue working on my puzzles and now everything works as it should again. Bizarre.

:yahoo: May be it is because Max has to be restarted after updating Verge3D. Anyway I’m glad it now works for you!

Chief 3D Verger | LinkedIn | Twitter

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.