Verge3D 4.0 migration guide
In this guide you will find info on how to perform migration from Verge3D 3.XX to the major 4.0 release.
In most cases, these steps would be sufficient:
- Install Verge3D 4.0.
- Launch App Manager. When it asks to specify a new application directory, leave it by default or choose some existing folder.
- Update your apps in the App Manager using the built-in updater.
- Re-export your Blender/3ds Max/Maya assets.
- Re-save Puzzles.
Before Verge3D 4.0, these were stored in the single distribution directory:
- Verge3D software files: engine modules, App Manager, exporter plugins, documentation etc.
- Application files.
- Configuration files.
- Temporary directory for Sneak Peek exports.
Now we store them separately:
- Verge3D software files now installed in the separate read-only directory (e.g Program Files on Windows).
- Application files now stored in the explicitly selected directory (e.g Documents\verge3d_apps).
- Configuration files go to system-specific place (e.g AppData\Roaming\Soft8Soft\Verge3D for Blender).
- Temporary directory go to system-specific place (e.g AppData\Local\Temp) and automatically cleared up on exit.
The Puzzles library is now stored inside the applications folder (selected on first launch):
So you should copy the file called my_library.xml from e.g verge3d_blender/puzzles of your old Verge3D 3.X installation to your applications folder.
App Manager Templates
Located in the installation directory, in the manager/templates subfolder. You might need administrative access rights to place your templates there (e.g if you installed Verge3D in Program Files).
Located in the installation directory, in the puzzles/plugins subfolder. You might need administrative access rights to place your plugins there (e.g if you installed Verge3D in Program Files).