Verge3D 4.0 migration guide
In this guide you will find info on how to perform migration from Verge3D 3.XX to major 4.0 release.
In most cases, these steps are sufficient:
- Install Verge3D 4.0.
- Launch App Manager. When it asks to enter a new application directory, leave default or choose existing (e.g verge3d_blender/applications).
- Update your apps in App Manager using build-in updater.
- Reexport your Blender/3ds Max/Maya assets.
- Resave Puzzles.
Before Verge3D 4.0, these were stored in the single distribution directory:
- Verge3D software files: engine modules, App Manager, exporter plugins, documentation etc
- Application files
- Configuration files
- Temporary directory for Sneak Peek exports
Now we store them separately:
- Verge3D software files now installed in the separate read-only directory (e.g Program Files on Windows).
- Application files now stored in the explicitly selected direcotory (e.g Documents\verge3d_apps).
- Configuration files go to system-specific place (e.g AppData\Roaming\Soft8Soft\Verge3D for Blender).
- Temporary directory go to system-specific place (e.g AppData\Local\Temp) and automatically cleared up on exit.
The Puzzles library is now stored inside the applications folder (selected on first launch):
So you should copy the file called my_library.xml from e.g verge3d_blender/puzzles of your old Verge3D 3.X installation to your applications folder.
App Manager Templates
Located in the installation directory, in the manager/templates subfolder. You might need administrative access rights to place your templates there (e.g if you installed Verge3D in Program Files).
Located in the installation directory, in the puzzles/plugins subfolder. You might need administrative access rights to place your plugins there (e.g if you installed Verge3D in Program Files).